Branch to Head Office
UDIMagic v3.0 Release 1.56 comes with a new feature "Branch to Head Office". This
module allows you to transfer Tally Accounting
data from your Branch Office to Head Office without using the
Tally Synchronization feature.
UDIMagic "Branch to HO" module is an alternative to Tally Synchronization feature.
The primary objective herein is one-way transfer of data. i.e. from Branch Office
Tally Synchronization vs UDIMagic [Branch to H.O]
What is Tally Synchronization ?
- It allows Synchronization of data between Branch Office and H.O.
- The Synchronization-Rules are to be defined in Tally Software at both the Branch
Office and Head Office
- Raw Data is transmitted over internet; rather than in form of a file.
What is UDIMagic [Branch to H.O] feature ?
- It allows transfer of Tally data from Branch Office to H.O.
- At Branch Office, the Tally data is exported into a file. This file is then sent
to H.O by email.
- Next, at H.O the data in imported into the Tally Software.
Why use the UDIMagic Branch to H.O module ?
Why do we need a new module, when the data-synchronization feature is already there
in Tally Software ? This was our first query when some Tally Partners/TASC
approached us with this requirement. Now let's see what was their response...
- In Tally synchronization, raw data is transferred over
the internet [rather than in file-format]. In case, if there is Internet failure,
this may result in data corruption/other problems.
- Defining Tally Synchronization Rules is a bit difficult.
- Need a simple solution which
a) Allows Export of Branch-office data into a file.
b) Allows Import of the data at the Head-office.
Using UDIMagic [Branch to H.O] module
Download and Install the UDIMagic Branch-Office-Tool [Free-ware].
- Run the UDIMagic [Branch-Office] Utility and export the branch-office data into
1) You must make changes in your Tally.ini file as shown below:-
;;For Tally 9
;;For Tally 7.2
2) This utility allows you to export Branch Office data into a file. It is to be
installed in all your Branch Offices.
3) This tool is required as exporting data directly from Tally will just export
only the Vouchers, but not the masters.
- Next, send the file (which contains Branch Office data) to H.O [by email].
and Install the UDIMagic [Demo version].
- Run UDIMagic Software to Import the data into the H.O Tally Software.
Tags: Tally, Branch, Head office, Excel to Tally