GST features in udi-Magic
Excel to Tally Converter with GST
Before you begin, ensure that you have the following softwares installed in your system :
- udi-Magic v8.0 Release 3.0 or higher;
- Tally ERP 9 Release 6.1 or higher
The information to download udi-Magic software is given at the end of this article. Also, it is highly recommeded that you see this video by Tally Solutions to get an understanding of GST features in Tally.
This excel template now contains new fields that allow you to set / update the Ledger Masters details in Tally ERP 9.
i) Party GST Registration details (in Party Masters);
ii) Nature of Transaction; GST Tax Rates (in Sales and Purchase Ledgers);
iii) TaxType and Tax Rates (in Duties and Taxes Ledgers).
This template now contains new fields that allow you to set / update StockItem Masters details in Tally ERP 9.
i) HSN / SAC Code
ii) GST Tax Rates.
A simple template to upload Sales, Purchase, Debit Note and Credit Notes with GST taxes.
This excel template contains additional features like Godown, Buyer and Consignee details, Order and Tracking details, Batch details, Cost Category and Cost Centre etc. It is an extended version of the basic template and supports Sales Order, Delivery Note, Sales, Credit Note, Purchase Order, Receipt Note, Purchase and Debit Note Voucher types.
Use this template to upload Sales and Credit Notes without StockItems. This format supports N number of ledgers. i.e. You can specify as many ledgers (Sales and GST Tax ledgers) as required.
Use this template to upload Purchase and Debit Notes without StockItems. This format supports N number of ledgers. i.e. You can specify as many ledgers (Purchase and GST Tax ledgers) as required.
1. Comments / remarks have been given in each template specifying the new columns that have been added for GST.
2. To begin with, create a new Company in Tally.ERP 9 and play around importing data from the excel formats as mentioned above.
3. Take backup of your original Tally data for safety purpose, before uploading any data.
4. Ensure that the date you mention in the templates is 1st July or later; otherwise data will NOT appear in GST reports.
5. You must first set the GST details in Ledgers (using Master-LedgerMaster.xls) before using the Sales/Purchase Horizontal formats.
Demo / Trail version
You can download the udi-Magic converter trial version from the Downloads section.
A. Customers who have purchased udi-Magic software on or after 1/1/2017 shall be provided upgrade free of cost. They can get the latest version download link here.
B. Customers who have purchased udi-Magic software before 1/1/2017 must upgrade to the latest version i.e. udi-Magic v8.0 to use the GST templates and features.
To upgrade, follow these steps :
1. Login using your Serial / key in the Customer Portal.
2. Next, select option 'Upgrade' and make online payment using the payment gateway. Upon successful payment, you will receive emails with instructions to upgrade.
Important Note : GST 18% will be charged from 1st July 2017 onwards. Customers must provide their GSTIN number, else it will be considered as B2C supply.
Download all the Standard Excel to Tally templates for the latest udi-Magic version (including templates for older versions).
Do you know that you can carry udi-Magic on USB Flash drive? Learn more.